Payments & Terms & Conditions
Listed below are the Terms and Conditions for all work provided by CAD Patternmaking Services.
All work carried out by CAD Patternmaking Services is to be paid on a cash on delivery (COD) basis.
Should any work be couriered, posted or emailed, payment will need to be finalized before work is sent.
When paying by EFT, cleared funds are required before work is released.
Payment can be made by electronic funds transfer (EFT), Credit Card, PayPal or cash when picking up.
If paying by Credit Card and additional 2.25% surcharge is added, if paying by PayPal an additional 3% surcharge is added.
1. Patternmaking work created from sketch form, picture, illustration or actual garments/samples, are pattern made and given to the customer. Any further work - being alterations or changes are subject to no further obligation on my behalf.
2. It is the customers responsibility, and it is strongly advised, to make up a sample to check for fit and accuracy.
3. Garments made from stretch fabrics should be washed before fittings, to allow for shrinkage in the wash.
4. Any alterations to patterns are charged at $65/hr, chargeable per 15min blocks.
5. Any fitting that is required, is strongly recommended to be fitted by a qualified patternmaker or seamstress, to ensure that
the fitting is done correctly. Incorrect fittings will ultimately cost extra to amend. Any fittings provided by myself, as well as any time spent in consulting are charged at $65/hr, chargeable per 15min blocks.
6. Fittings that CAD Patternmaking Services does not provide and are requested to make necessary alterations to patterns are made as per the customers request, and are therefore out our control; and are solely the customers responsibility.
7. It is the customers responsibility to make up a sample again to check for fit and accuracy. This is also recommended if further alterations are made to the patterns before any production is made.
8. Patterns which are produced from samples, are made up in the same size as the sample provided. Any further sizes required will need to be graded and is charged at the grading rate of $5 per pattern piece + paper plotting or card cutting charges.
9. Any adjustments to patterns that subsequently also require adjustments to digital patterns, these alterations to patterns on the CAD system are chargeable at a rate of $65/hr, chargeable per 15min blocks.
10. There are no reimbursements for services rendered by other patternmakers, seamstresses, spec technicians, CAD operators etc.. being for alterations, consultancies, spec measurements checking, CAD alterations etc.. for any work carried out on my patterns, gradings, specs, or CAD work etc...Therefore if there are any alterations to be made on any of my work, please contact me and I will alter as in point 4.
11. For marker making, a mini marker can be emailed or printed out if requested for the customer to check. It is the customers responsibility to advise of any changes in the marking before markers are plotted and garments cut. The customer accepts all responsibility for markers made with information given, ie useable fabric width, pile, print, checks, stripes, placement print infos etc..
When we communicate with you by email by sending a mini marker for approval, unless there is changes requested, and you have then notified that you have approved the marker to plot out, you are contractually binding in the same way as a properly signed and dated paper mini marker hand given or sent by post.
12. All CAD work remains the property of CAD Patternmaking Services, however any digitized patterns being single size pattern or graded, which are requested to be emailed, are charged a fee of $10 per STY file/style. Cad Patternmaking Services does not distribute, copy or sell any pattern files of customers work, and these pattern files are stored in their own individual customer folder.
Style files that are converted to DXF files into a format i.e. Gerber, Lectra etc are done so as per the customers request. If this format is the incorrect choice, and another format is required, this is charged a further fee of $20 per file. Customers who request a Gerber zip file are charged $30 per file. Markers can also be emailed, for a set fee of $50 per style. Please note that if your manufacturer is having problems importing DXF files, they should contact their CAD system support representative for instructions.
13. All care is taken in creating pattern files and markers, but CAD Patternmaking Services does not take responsibility or liability for any errors picked up after production is cut and made. It is up to the manufacturer to double check specifications by making up one garment of each size and checking for fit and accuracy against spec measurements before garments are put through production, and if any amendments are required that we are advised before production is made.
Please note that yardages in PDF sheets are indicative only and that damaged fabrics and fabric flaws can change the overall yield of the style, so it is recommended that an extra 10-15% is allowed for such occurrences.
In the instance that your cutting order is different per size, and subsequently a step lay is then required, further fabric is required to take into account the crossing over of fabrics in the “step”.
You are responsible for the use you make of the service(s) you order. To the extent not prohibited by law, CAD Patternmaking Services will not accept any liability for any loss or damage which is not reasonably foreseeable, for indirect or consequential loss or any damages whatsoever to you, or for any business loss (which includes loss of profits, contracts, goodwill, business interruption, loss of business or opportunity and other similar losses).
14. All care is taken in card cutting patterns, however with pattern pieces that are over 75cm a slight change in accuracy of a few mm's can occur and with patterns less than 75cm then the accuracy is within acceptable + or – 4mm or less.
Writing within the pattern pieces may move slightly as well as some slippage can occur because of the cardboard thickness.
The card cutting machine writes first in the 52cm frame then moves back and cuts out, which can mean there is some slippage.
CAD Patternmaking Services does not take responsibility or liability for any tolerances and the customer acknowledges and accepts this as such, and that any work commenced will constitute acknowledgment of the above.
15. Any work CAD Patternmaking Services has done and has not been paid for and collected will remain the property of CAD Patternmaking Services. Any samples or patterns associated with the nonpaying customer, CAD Patternmaking Services has the right to dispose of within 2 (two) months of the original invoice date. Any pattern files associated with the nonpaying customer, CAD Patternmaking Services has the rights of these pattern files and therefore can distribute, copy and sell them without the nonpaying customers permission or authorization. It is strongly recommended that the customer contact CAD Patternmaking Services to organize a payment plan to prevent disposal of the goods and files, however any payment plans that are not adhered to will forfeit the arrangement and are subject to disposal once more.
16. For new customers and orders over $1000 a 50% deposit is required on commencement of work.
17. All consultations are charged at $65/hr, chargeable per 15min blocks, with the first 15 minutes complimentary.
18. The customer agrees to the above terms and conditions, and any work commenced will constitute acknowledgment of the above Terms and conditions and you agree to abide and be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
19. CAD Patternmaking Services reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice to the customer. The customer acknowledges and agrees that it is their responsibility to review these Terms and conditions from time to time. Any commencement of work before and after such modifications will constitute acknowledgment of the modified Terms and conditions and you agree to abide and be bound by the modified Terms and Conditions.
20. In the event that the customer requires urgent work done outside of business hours, there is an additional 50% added to the total bill. Normal business hours are 9am-5pm Mon-Fri. This work will require upfront payment in order for the job to commence.
21. In the event the customer requires urgent work done and CAD Patternmaking Services are able to do so, there may be an express or fast-track fee associated with this request, at which time the customer will be advised of the amount.
Such urgent work constitutes a 24-48 hr business day(s) turnaround depending on the size of the job.